Saturday, October 18, 2014

Farewell

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

And now, that is the only thing I can do – to reminisce about those times when we were together, your laugh echoes in my mind, your smile as the last beautiful thing I’ve seen since we left Zamboanga City. I am glad that we were able to be with you and Tito Nap after 10 years of being apart, and happier that at least somehow we were able to show you how much we love you.

I can still recall those nights when we were still young, and you would bring us near the seashore and allow us to play as much as we want. You made us feel free since no one else was as lax and loose as you are. You did not scold us when we stumble and get hurt you just simply tell us that it’s alright to get hurt. You did not tell us what to do and what not to do. I won’t forget those times when you would sleep beside us and let us play with your right arm, which you would sometimes use to get us to sleep (since you know that we get scared at times with your “snake” arm).

And we spent our vacation in Zamboanga last year; you were the one who fetch me from the port. When we were about to go back, you brought me and Kamil back to the pier, and didn’t leave until the ferry left. It hurts whenever I remember that exact moment, leaving Zamboanga – leaving the people we love.

You taught us how to live life to the fullest, to think of our every experience as an opportunity to grow up. You taught us how to live life in simplicity and to love unconditionally. And those lessons will never be forgotten along with the memories we had together. We love you so much Tito Nonoy!

Wherever you are, I know that you are happier – to be with the One who gave you to us, along with Lolo Johnny, Lola Gloria, Tito Gener and Mommy. Please send our love to heaven.

No comments: