Saturday, October 18, 2014

Blank Spaces

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.

At first, I thought I was just lost and so I was trying to find my way but I ended up walking along the path of doubt and uncertainty.

At first, I thought I was in search of something to fill in the blank spaces in my life. In the long run, I ended up hurting the one whom, in the first place, I was trying to protect.

At first, I was filled with doubts for I do not know what is it that I am really looking for. But the times we spent together made me realize one thing. That I wasn't really looking for something. I was longing for someone.

I was longing for someone who will be there whenever the sun doesn't show,
someone who will tuck me in the night especially when it's cold outside,
someone who will understand my weaknesses and appreciate my strengths,
someone who will laugh at my silly jokes even if it isn't funny at all,
someone who will stay by my side when there's a thousand other better places to be,
someone who will not mind being with me despite what others might think,
someone who will trust me though everyone around do not agree,
someone who will take me as I am, for who I am, and for what I may become.

And time had made me realized that I was wrong for believing that there is still something lacking in my life. Time had taught me that the blank spaces I was trying to fill, had long been filled in – the moment you let me love you.

No comments: