Sunday, January 18, 2009

A HOME WITHOUT A MOTHER

Since she left us, everything had changed.
I was ten years old when she passed away; I was living according to my rules, a happy-go-lucky child. I used to be very dependent to my parents. When I want something, I force my parents to buy it immediately. I can still remember when I wanted to learn swimming but my father strongly opposes it because he doesn't think it will be a good idea since I also have classes at school. I protested hard enough and so, I was able to get what I want.

Eight years later and a lot had developed. The pain that her absence brought me had helped me grow stronger to face everything with confidence.

I became more sensitive and more intimate with my family. Me and my dad bonded more often than ever. My sister and I began to talk everyday, sharing stories, our fears, problems, gossips - anything under the sun.

I grew more responsible than ever. I take care of my sister. I see to it that she is doing well in school. My father, on the other hand, serves as our protector and the family's breadwinner and in return, I give him what he deserves - love, care and respect. I study hard for my father because I want him to be happy.

After all the changes that happened in me, everything is now clear to see. God has reasons for making people stay and go.

No comments: